SICON Limited Director
SICON Ltd (SICON) provides maintenance and services in Water & Wastewater, Resource Recovery, Parks & Reserves and Roading Infrastructure. The Division of SICON Ltd trading as Blakely Construction provide Civil Construction services focusing on drainage, potable waters, earthworks, and subdivisions in the South Island. Selwyn District Council is a 100% shareholder of SICON Limited.
SICON is looking for a Director to join their Board. The diversity that appointees are able to bring to the Board will enable the company to take a broad view of activities and opportunities.
The Director we are seeking will complement current Board members and will bring to the Board table the following skills and acumen:
- An in-depth understanding of the contractual and maintenance market
- Intellectual ability
- Commercial experience particularly noting accounting, financial and legal matters
- An understanding of governance issues
- A high standard of personal integrity
- The skills, experience and knowledge to guide the organisation given the nature and scope of its activities
Meetings are held monthly excepting December/January.
Meetings length is up to 5 hours per meeting.
The term of appointment will be for a three-year term commencing in late November 2020.
Meetings are held in Rolleston.
Selwyn District Council looks forward to receiving expressions of interest in this key position. Applications should be sent in writing to the Chief Executive David Ward to firstname.lastname@example.org by 5.00pm on Friday 2nd October 2020.