Advisor - Community Development
Passionate about making a difference in our community? Like the idea of working with a diverse, growing population?
Our Community Services Team are looking for an Advisor - Community and Economic Development to join them.
This rewarding role is based at our modern offices in the growing town of Rolleston with free onsite parking. Rolleston is an easy commute from Christchurch or within Selwyn and has an ever increasing range of services available locally.
As a member of our dedicated team, you will develop initiatives, including projects and events, in collaboration with the community.
You'll see potential in our geographically dispersed district and thrive off the challenges of a growing population. You'll be focused on our whole community including migrants, newcomers, young people, people with disabilities and older people.
So, what could you find yourself doing day to day as an Advisor?
- Promotion and administration of Council's community funding opportunities
- Facilitation of community forums, networks and collaboration
- Encouragement to community to participate in our diverse districts activities
- Providing strategic advice and marketing for events and programmes
- Engaging with population groups facing additional barriers and assisting them with access and participation
- Planning, delivering and reviewing opportunities for community groups to build their capacity
- Encouraging a community development approach across a range of Council Teams and Council activities
What do we need you to bring to the role?
- A relevant qualification
- Several years' experience working in community development
- Demonstrable knowledge of economic development and marketing
- Confidence and a positive attitude
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to relate to a wide range of people
- High attention to detail
- Ability to self-manage
- Understanding of principles of social justice and capacity building in a community context
You will enjoy a fast paced environment and be able to think strategically as you make the role your own.
If you think we'd be good together and you're ready to join a growing community, apply to join Selwyn today!
We value the safety of our young people and therefore appointments for this role are subject to a satisfactory safety check including a police vetting process.