Team Leader - Revenue Team
Are you a proven leader ready for a new and exciting challenge?
Located to the south of Christchurch, the Selwyn District is one of the fastest growing communities in New Zealand. We have a fantastic quality of life, great communities and thriving businesses. It is a great place to live, work and play. The Selwyn District Council works actively with our residents to maintain and enhance these enduring qualities, and to plan for our promising future.
Selwyn District Council are looking for someone with extensive financial administration experience to join our capable Revenue Team in the role of Team Leader.
In this varied and busy role you will be responsible for motivating and leading the team in the provision of accurate and efficient services, these services include maintaining the rates database, assessment and collection of rates, water billing, raising debtor invoices, debt collection, processing bank transactions, debt management and recovery and responding to customer queries.
You will develop policy and procedures for the team's functions and coordinate training as required to ensure the team is always well placed to provide quality and reliable services.
The successful candidate will be passionate and driven as well as possessing the following attributes:
- Relevant qualification in Accounting / Finance / Business Administration
- At least 5 years' experience delivering financial administration services
- Proven leadership skills with the ability to think strategically and communicate effectively in order to motivate and guide a team
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills; ability to relay information clearly and concisely
- Strong interpersonal skills and proven ability to build relationships to achieve positive outcomes for Council, key stakeholders and the wider community
- Experience developing and implementing policies and procedures
If you consider yourself someone who is self-motivated with the above experience and skill set who is also well organised, flexible and can demonstrate the ability to lead and work effectively as part of a team then we want to hear from you!