Expressions of Interest - Building
Are you looking for a career opportunity? Register your Expressions of Interest!
Opportunities are available in NZ's fastest growing district to join our team which is ‘Helping Build Selwyn's Future'.
Located to the south of Christchurch, the Selwyn District is the fastest growing community in New Zealand. We have a fantastic quality of life, great communities and thriving businesses. It is a great place to live, work and play. The Selwyn District Council works actively with our residents to maintain and enhance these ensuring qualities, and to plan for our promising future.
As we continue to grow awe are looking for new team members that are passionate about the building environment, solution and customer focused, to ensure building work is compliant and any issues are resolved in a positive manner. If you are interested in joining out Building Team across a range of roles, particularly in Building Advisory and Building Control Officer position where you can help build Selwyn's future, register you expression of interest here!
Essential skills and attributes required include:
- Knowledge of Building Legislation
- Attention to detail
- Interpersonal skills. ability to relay information clearly and concisely
- Quality and accuracy
- Customer focused
- High level communication and conflict resolution skills
- Time management skills
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office suite
Appropriate qualifications for Technical positions include:
- Diploma in Building Control Surveying (Small Buildings)
- Diploma in Building Control Surveying (Medium & Large Buildings)
- Bachelor of Applied Technology - Building
- Bachelor of Architecture
- Bachelor of Architectural Studies
- Bachelor of Building Science
- Bachelor of Construction (Construction Management and Construction Economics)
- Bachelor of Engineering
To apply please submit your CV and Cover Letter